BDS to stop the incremental genocide in Gaza!
The International Alliance of Inhabitants (IAI) is calling for inhabitants’ organizations all over the world to show solidarity and mobilize to stop the incremental genocide of the Palestinian people in Gaza carried out by Israel. The IAI is launching a call for BDS to obtain a just peace with Zero Evictions and rebuild demolished Palestinian homes.
Since Israel persistently violates international law despite 45 UN resolutions condemning its colonial and discriminatory policies;
Since all forms of international intervention and peace-making, including the UN Special Rapporteur on Housing Rights’ mission, have until now failed to convince it to respect fundamental human rights and to end its occupation and oppression of the people of Palestine;
Since the attack on Gaza is part of a broader Israeli attempt to impose its occupation permanently;
We call on inhabitants’ organizations all over the world to join their voices for an effective mobilization of civil society for a just peace, the only move that can defeat the imprisonment and genocide of Palestinian people in Gaza.
We call on inhabitants’ organizations, especially, to redouble efforts for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions, and insist that no "solution" will be acceptable unless accepted by the Palestinians in conformity with international law and human rights.
Each of us must come together requesting all governments to intervene immediately so as to stop the attacks on Gaza, urging them to stop their arms trade with Israel and the European Union to rescind its special trade Association Agreements with Israel. Complicit companies, institutions and officials should be boycotted. Users of social media can stand up to Israel's odious propaganda, which often portrays the state as a bastion of enlightenment in the middle of a jungle.
This way we can provide concrete support for the main immediate goals of the Palestinian resistance:
- End the Israeli blockade of Gaza completely;
- Restore the ceasefire that held before Operation Pillar of Defense in November 2012;
- Cease the destruction of Palestinian homes as well as the targeting of Palestinian residents trying to farm along the border;
- Release prisoners Israel has re-arrested.
As called for by the representatives of Palestinian civil society, the non-violent punitive measures of the BDS should be maintained until Israel meets its obligation to recognize the Palestinian people’s inalienable right to self-determination and fully complies with the precepts of international law by:
1. Ending its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands and dismantling the Wall;
2. Recognizing the fundamental rights of the Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel to full equality;
3. Respecting, protecting and promoting the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties as stipulated in UN resolution 194.
Last but not least, we call on inhabitants’ organizations all over the world to commit themselves ever more fully to Zero Evictions and rebuilding demolished Palestinian homes.