Help us improving communication in several languages: Become a Volunteer translators for housing rights without frontiers!
Skip to main content
» The Urban Way
» Creating A Common Global Space Of Solidarity For Urban Social Movements
This is an appeal for the unity of urban social movements which strive to give concrete expression to economic, social and cultural rights, as well as housing rights in particular. It is launched by the organizations and networks of inhabitants, co-operatives, tenants’ unions, community centres, original populations and committees for housing rights all over the world.
In view of the following facts:
For these reasons, we believe we should undertake the task of giving global articulation to such discourse and initiatives as inhabitants’ associations, broadening alliances with other associations and social movements, local authorities, and all those who share the principles of housing rights and rights to the city.
We therefore urge and support:
- popular control over the payment of social debts and the cancellation of foreign debts
- the re-launching public urban and housing policies and opposition to privatization.
Our co-ordination and agreement represents one of the most important challenges to neo-liberal globalization. Only in this way will we be able to build another possible world and other possible cities.
Never again will the struggle be an isolated one!
* International Alliance of Inhabitants
* Vincenzo Simoni Unione Inquilini, Italy
* Giuseppe la Biunda, Cooperativa Coralli, Italy
* Jean Baptiste Eyraud Droit au Logement, France
* Sidiki Daff, CERPAC , Senegal
* Penda Ndiaye, Réseau des Femmes pour l'Acces au Foncier et a l'Habitat, Senegal
* Hameye Timbaleck Traore, Assistance Reconversion Developpement, Mali
* Ibrahima Diop, Reseau des Habitants pour le developpement de Medina Gounass, Senegal
* Rajeev John Gorge National Forum for Housing Rights, India
* Guillermo Rodriguez Curiel Frente Continental Organizaciones Comunales
* Father Daniele Moschetti, Kutoka Parish Network, Nairobi, Kenya
* Cristina Almazan, UCISV-Pobladores, Xalapa, Mexico
* Cheri Honkala Poor People's Economic Human Rights Campaign, USA
* Francisco Caño Federación Regional de Asociaciones de Vecinos de Madrid, Spain
* Jennifer Cox Kensington Welfare Rights Union, USA
* Anselmo Schwertner Movimento Nacional de Luta pela Moradia, Brazil
* German Lomtev, All-Russian Housing, Moscou, Russia
* Raul Alayon Movimiento Uruguayo de los Sin Techo, Uruguay
* Abu Rayhan-Al-Beeroonee Shelter for the Poor, Bangladesh
* Juan Martinez, Consejo de Unidad Popular, Dominican Republic
* Union de Vecinos de Valle Gomez, Mexico
* Foro Ciudadano por la Ciudad que Queremos, Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico
* Socrates Orlando Peguero, Frente Progresista Caletero, Dominican Republic
* Ernesto Jiménez Olin, Unión Popular Valle Gómez, Mexico D.F., Mexico
* Marina Ragush, Association of tenants "Habitat", Serbia-Montenegro
* Santos Mota, CODECOV, Dominican Republic