How participate in October 2012’s World Zero Evictions Days - for the Right to Habitat
Grounded in the USF 2012 joint Call, we propose to organize or to converge your initiatives during the whole month of October
- Denounce the threats of forced evictions, demolitions, land grabbing, violences against activists using the online Zero Evictions Alert
- Block evictions
- “Requisition” empty housing
- Fight against austerity plans based on neoliberal policies to overcome the crisis
- Fight privatization and the deregulation of the housing sector
- and more ...
We propose that local authorities and supporting governments should coordinate action with the movements in order to:
- Declare their territory “eviction-free zones”
- Approve coordinated action plans for “zero evictions and housing rights”
- Set up Popular Funds for Land and Housing
- and more ...
These proposals should form part of local, national and regional platforms and be launched through rallies, sit-in, press conferences, delegations, forums, broadcasts and whatever other means may serve to give voice to those whose housing rights have been violated.
Then, during the World Assembly of the Inhabitants (WSF, Tunis, 23 to 28 March 2013) we will decide together the next steps.
Therefore, if you have not already done, We ask you to hesitate no longer in:
- Contributing your World Zero Eviction Days initiatives in the website section
- Inform other organizations, movements and networks
- Get sympathetic local authorities and governments to lend their support
- Subscribe and disseminate the USF Call: Defending the common goods for the future of cities and territories
We will publish the information on www.habitants.org , a site visited by 100,000 people per month, and in the Newsletter, which is sent to another 130,000 entities in more than 100 countries.
On the www.habitants.org website, it’s easier!